I was helping Joel Boone, a lifelong friend of mine for nearly 20 years, get started in the wonderful world of blogging. He wanted to know how he could leverage blogging for his small business ventures: real estate and financial planning. Small businesses and Fortune 500 companies are increasingly adopting business blogging as a means to reach people online. However, what can a real estate agent or any small business owner do with a blog? What is the return on investment (ROI) of corporate blogging?
Here are nine fantastic reasons for real estate agents to blog and capitalize on the exciting world of multimedia:
• Tell their story and their organization’s story.
• Create connections around their brand and business. Create bonds before you do business.
• Provide better service to their clients, by providing up to date updates on houses or multimedia about houses. Allow clients to get an inside look at houses from Boston and Bangcock 24 hours a day.
• Establish credibility, trust, and become a thought leader
• Target niches based on location, street, and type of house. Set up landing pages targeted to search terms. Providing a strategic advantage and capitalizing on local search market.
• Set up pay per click campaigns based on individual niche markets. In other words they can capture the long tail.
• Help their home buyers become more knowledgeable about the home buying process and thus create better customer service and satisfaction
• Allow them to target 20 to 30 somethings who are potential homebuyers online.
• Blogs are a very inexpensive way to create relevant, interesting, and useful content for your business and clients.
Thoughts? Do you have another reason? If you’re a real estate or small business blogger, what has your experience been? Or, if you are new to blogging or thinking about blogging, how would you like to chime in and add your perspective?