Gartner’s list of Top Ten disruptive technologies includes:
– Allow you to take the best applications on the web and mashup the best parts to make the ultimate application. The simplest form involves integrating a mapping solutions like Yahoo Maps and a company website.
– Apple, Microsoft and others are working hard to revolutionize the user interface with products like the iPhone and Microsoft Surface.
– The hope that one day your favorite search engine will be able to take your search terms in the form of a question and give you an accurate answer.
Social networks and social software
– Social applications like Facebook and Twitter are transforming the way we work and play.
– As simple as basing behavior on the time of day or your location, contextual computer will make your computer smart enough to know where you are and what you are likely to need at that time. Example, 9am on a Sunday morning in Starbucks will likely mean that you will want to look at the news and check your person mail while listing to music.