Toward a Better Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Code of Ethics:
Whereas all parties are working towards presenting relevant and high quality information in an easy to use format to information seekers, and whereas SEO practitioners are being contracted to assist clients in obtaining higher rankings for client pages, we (and those linking to this page) are voluntarily adhering to the below SEO Code of Ethics:
• No SEO practitioner will intentionally do harm to a client.
• No SEO practitioner will intentionally violate any specifically published and enforced rules of search engines or directories.
• No SEO practitioner will intentionally mislead, harm, or offend a consumer.
• No SEO practitioner will intentionally violate any laws.
• No SEO practitioner will falsely represent the content of the client site.
• No SEO practitioner will falsely represent others work as their own.
• No SEO practitioner will misrepresent their own abilities, education, training, standards of performance, certifications, trade group affiliations, technical inventory, or experiences to others.
• No SEO practitioner will participate in a conflict of interest without prior notice to all parties involved.
• No SEO practitioner will set unreasonable client expectations.
• All SEO practitioners will offer their clients both internal and external dispute resolution procedures.
• All SEO practitioners will protect the confidentiality and anonymity of their clients with regards to privileged information and items implying testimonial support for the SEO practitioner.
• All SEO practitioners will work to their best ability to increase or retain the rankings of client sites.
(The Original SEO Code of Conduct created by Bruce Clay)
At Creative Fusion Media we believe in ethical search engine optimization. And we look to connect with clients in the for-profit and non-profit arena that share our values in ethical business practice.