A Quick Guide to Sticky Online Content for Your Corporate Blog:
I found this great summary by Garrett French:
– Use a Newsletter
– Highlight key Posts / Related Posts
– Promote your RSS feed
– Be conversational (ask Questions’s)
– Build community
– Make readers famous
– Give readers jobs (i.e., moderators)
– What does your blog say in the first 10 seconds?
– Provide a search function
– Use polls and other interactive tools”
Other additions? What makes blog content sticky?
Here is one great resource I look to for marketing blog and social media projects via search engine friendly means. Using both social media and online public relations oriented tactics is critical to the success of your social media marketing ventures. Otherwise, your writing may fall on deaf ears.
Creative Fusion Media provides social media consulting services and ethical and affordable search engine optimization solutions to innovative companies and forward thinking non-profits. Nathan Ketsdever is the chief internet marketing and online pr strategist at Creative Fusion, which is located in Nashville, Tennessee.