Why is Search Engine Marketing and Promotion So Important?
Search engine optimization can help increase increase website visits and sales. So why is SEO so critical for businesses? This UK web firm hightlights:
SEO Services provide numerous benefits:
* Your website will be found – there is no point having a web site that nobody can find.
* A web site that is optimised for search engines is also optimised for users.
The search engines are one of the two most important mechanisms your customers use to find products and services like yours. This also means that increasing your search engine rankings is a way to beat our the competitors in your market niche. If you check out Yahoo’s search engine optimization guidelines are incredibly helpful for the white hat SEO. Yahoo’s guide provides some guidelines about what it and ultimately the other search engines want:
Pages Yahoo! Wants Included in its Index:
* Original and unique content of genuine value
* Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary
* Links intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable
* Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page
* Good web design in general
Although this probably doesn’t emphasize the importance of targeting user defined issues of “genuine value” and quality content. That point can’t be emphasized enough for those wanting to increase their search engine rankings. I would check out the Yahoo article for the extensive list of things to avoid, as it can help you avoid sabotaging your search ranking accidently by using black hat SEO tactics. This article by Aaron Wall of SEO Book explains the Google search algorithm compared to MSN and Yahoo. Why do you think that search engine ranking is so important for businesses?
Creative Fusion Media provides social media consulting services and ethical and affordable search engine optimization solutions to innovative companies and forward thinking non-profits.