Ethical SEO Tutorial: Tips and Techniques for the Practical Small Business Owner
I’ve created this short tutorial to help business owners with SEO tips and techniques to increase their search engine rankings and targeted web traffic. At the end of the day creating amazing content that is:
• user centric
• has great design
• targeted toward keywords
• and search engine friendly
is always a great formula for search engine ranking success.
Getting started in online business without a solid plan is just as dubious as. It takes time work experience of having a couple SEO flops to understand how users read, how bloggers link, what customers look for, and how search engines search to understand the unique anthropological dynamics of online communication and business. The ongoing environment of coopetition is pretty important to keep in mind.
Coding and Writing Web Content with Search Engine Positioning in Mind
• Write for humans not search engines. Use semantically related phrases instead.
• Use bold and italics to emphasize key points, subjects, and keywords. This practice done judiciously will help your users and increase your search rankings.
• Use H1, H2, and H3 tags to increase your website’s ranking in Google.
Listen to User Data and Metrics for Better Search Rankings and Marketing:
• Do keyword research with the Google keyword tool.
• Look for both long tail keywords and search phrases and fat belly keywords for optimum results. Many bloggers often only target one or the other and not both.
• Learn what latent semantic indexing is and use Quintura.
Extraordinary Content Rules for Social Media and SEO:
• Extraordinary content is a genuinely new or original way of looking at things (new metaphor, new perspective, new view)
• Includes more than one perspective. More comprehensive is generally better.
• Human. Interesting. Engaging. Fun to read. Well-written.
Designing and Organizing Your User Experience for Search Engine Optimization:
• Create content themes and series. Creating content themes helps the Google spiders see clusters of information and data.
• Create a breadcrumb trail for your users. Don’t make your users think. Guide them through your website. One way to implement this practice on your website is by using a related posts plug in or manually suggesting related posts or content for your user.
• Don’t just use “click here.” Use your link anchor text to tell Google what links you are pointing to. Be specific and try to include your relevant key terms.
• Link to the best and most trusted sources. Also, link to your best related content. This practice both helps users and Google.
• Get a best posts plug-in for WordPress and/or add your best posts as a link on your sidebar
Expert Content Creation for Search Engine Rankings:
• Create extraordinary content. Create unique content.
• Create pillar content. Creating pillar content just means creating resources or content that people will link to. Create authority content.
• Create emotional, community, and question oriented content.
• Create link bait and list bait
• Don’t be afraid to link out. Remember, linking out to websites Google trusts is a great way to increase your search engine optimization (seo) in a very white hat way.
• Avoid Black Hat SEO tactics which illegitimately manipulate users and search engines like Google
• Err toward simple design when possible. User centered design is best.
• Reciprocal linking is less valued by Google that it once was. However, reciprocal linking in your marketing niche with trusted websites should help create a quality neighborhood, which will increase your ranking.
• Remember: be a good online citizen, because Google penalizes illegitimate gray and black hat seo techniques.
Moving Forward with Your Search Engine Optimization Campaign Strategy
• Consider creating regular link bait in combination with a promotion strategy for the link bait (e-mail, PR)
• Consider link building via giving interviews or getting interviewed.
• Consider the full range of social media and SEO services.
• Consider outsourcing your search engine optimization needs to an SEO freelancer.
• Decide what tools and call to action you want to use to contact the target audience for your content.
• Create a productive work flow for content creation to save time, money, and resources.
Did you like these white hat seo tips and techniques? What questions do you have about ethical search engine optimization and marketing?
Creative Fusion Media provides white hat seo consulting services and ethical search engine optimization training solutions to innovative companies and forward thinking non-profits.